- Low cost CO2 monitoring
- The KANE-ALERT-CO2 provides a low cost method of assessing CO2 levels and the efficiency of ventilation in offices, public buildings, commercial kitchens and other locations where indoor air quality is important.
- Applications include monitoring growing conditions in glasshouses and to warn of leaks when CO2 is stored in pressurised containers in an enclosed area.
- Examples of recommended CO2 limits include
- Building Bulletin 101 states that average CO2 concentraion in classrooms during teaching should not exceed 1,500ppm.
- British Standards BS6896, BS6230 & BS5990 which cover various gas fired heaters state that CO2 concentrations should not exceed 2,800ppm where people are working.