Spiral Wound Gaskets
- Maxiflex spiral wound sealing element
- Solid metal inner & outer ring
- Suitable for high pressure and temperature applications
- Raised face or flat flanges
- Prevents turbulence and erosion damage to flange
- Prevents damage to the gasket bore and inner windings
- Acts as a heat shield
- Acts as a corrosion barrier
- General and Critical Duties
- Spiral wound gaskets have the ability to recover under the action of fluctuating loads caused by process fluid pressure and temperature changes, flange face temperature variations, flange rotation, bolt stress relaxation and creep.
- The gasket-sealing element consists of a pre-formed metallic winding strip with layers of a softer, more compressible sealing material which, during compression, is densified and flows to fill imperfections in the flange surfaces when the gasket is seated. The metal strip holds the filler giving the gasket mechanical resistance and resilience.