Neoprene Rubber Sheet
Rubber Insertion Gasket Jointing a Neoprene (polychloroprene) general purpose rubber with nylon reinforcement. For use with air water and dilute acids providing a leak proof joint to prevent vacuum resulting to air, water and steam pressure.
Rubber Insertion Jointing is recommended for when extrusion could be a problem such as on heavy flanges with a high bolt load of fluctuating temperatures and pressure conditions.
Consisting of a soft grade neoprene rubber with a high quality nylon insertion while also giving a good resistance to ultra violet radiation. Featuring a synthetic rubber with a synthetic polyester scrim for added strength and durability.
Rubber Insertion Jointing is used extensively on calorifiers as a leak proof jointing device between flanges, for water pressure when it is used with a furnace balloon or process system.
- Typical Applications
- Low Pressure Systems < 10 Bar
- Plastic and GRP flanges
- Water Service
- Applications of limited bolt load
- Automotive and aerospace duties
- Typical Properties
- Polymer : CR
- Hardness : 65° Shore A
- Density, Mg/m³ : 1.13
- Specific Gravity : 1.55g/cm
- Operating Temp : -20 to 100°C
- Tensile strength, MPa: 12
- Elongation at break, % minimum: 380
- Compression set, % maximum (24h @ 70°C): 14