Steam Trap Tester
Service Case Contents
- 1 x Battery charger with connecting cable for display device
- 1 x Operating manual
- 1 x Display device
- 1 x Sound Probe
- 1 x Leather bag
- 1 x Storage battery (installed in the display device)
The testing equipment detects and evaluates ultrasonic vibrations caused by the media flowing through the steam trap. The ultrasonic vibrations are transferred to the tip of the sensor by pressing the sound probe to the specified point of reference on the trap body. The ultrasonic vibrations are then converted into electric pulses and indicated by the display device.
The VAPOPHONE VKP 10 signals only vibrations within 40 – 60 kHz, as these frequencies constitute the usual vibration range associated with flowing steam. The user will evaluate the sensed ultrasonic vibrations as part of the comparison measurement carried out for reference purposes.
- Plastic casing with knob and analogue indicator.
- Casing with integrated storage battery compartment.
- One socket to plug in the connecting cable of the sound probe.
- Protection IP 41.
- Max. admissible service temperature: 70°C
- Min. admissible service temperature: 0°C
- The equipment is powered by the 9 V NiCd storage battery or by the power supply until that comes with the VKP 10.
- The sound probe is powered by the storage battery of the display device.
Power Supply Unit
- 230V/ 50Hz (other PSU available on request)
- Output 12 V
- Service case with equipment approx. 2 Kg
- Leather bag. 200mm / 190mm / 90mm
- Display device: 90mm / 45mm / 160mm
- (width / height / depth)
WHEN TESTING CONVENTIONAL STEAM TRAP BODIES APPLY THE PROBE AT RIGHT ANGLES TO COVER THE TRAP