Elektrogas Gas valves
The VMH type valve is a safety shut off valve for gas with hydraulic actuator. It is suitable for air or gas blocking and releasing controls, required in the main pipe of gas power burners, atmospheric gas boilers, industrial kilns and others gas consuming appliances. Depending on series, VMH valves can be used in pipeline with pressure from 3.2 to 0.2bar
- The valves are made of aluminum alloy with a range for connections from DN 65 up to DN 200.
- Pipe connections meet group 2 and backpressure sealing is compliant with class A, according to EN161 requirements.
- Suitable for use with air and non-aggressive gases included in the 1, 2 and 3 families (EN 437). Special versions for aggressive gases.
- The valve is open only when energized: if, for any reason, power supply goes down, the valve closes immediately (intrinsic safe).
- Qualified for continuous service (100% ED).
- Size DN65-80 is equipped with flow rate adjustment.
- An incorporated fine mesh filter protects the valve seat and disc as well as downstream components and prevents dirty contamination.
- Provided with G1⁄4 pressure gauge on two sides in both inlet and outlet chamber to connect manometers, pressure switches, leakage tester or other gas equipments.
- The actuator is provided with ISO 4400 plug for easy cabling. The protection class is IP65 (EN 60529).
- If compressed air is available, the hydraulic actuator can be replaced with a pneumatic one (VMP series). For further information see VMP datasheet.
- All components are designed to withstand any mechanical, chemical and thermal condition occurring during typical service. Effective impregnation and surface treatments have been used to improve mechanical sturdiness, sealing and resistance to corrosion of the components.
- Valves are 100% tested and fully warranted.
Functioning & Application
The VMH type valve is a safety shutting device using auxiliary power supply.
When it is de-energized, the spring pushes on the seal disc, keeping the gas passage closed. In this condition the inlet chamber is filled with pressurized gas that forces on the disc, improving the seal.
When the actuator is powered, the relief valve closes, the pumps starts and the pressurized oil pushes the piston and the disc opens against the combined force of spring and gas pressure.
When the disc reaches the end stop, the pump is turned off and only the relief valve is consuming power.
If the power supply is shut off, the relief valve opens and the disc closes rapidly, interrupting the gas flow.
Dimensional Line Drawing
|VMH7||DN 65||1600||20 VA (start 110 w)||12||80.0||200||305||350||536||145||4x18||14|
- Connections: Flanged PN16 — ISO 7005 from DN65 to DN200
- Voltage Rating (-15% /+ 10%): 230 VAC 50/60Hz | 110VAC 50/60Hz
- Ambient Temperature: 15°C / +60°C
- Closing Time: >1 Second
- Filter: 600um, metal mesh
- Protection Class: IP65 (EN 60529)
- Cable Gland: Plug ISO 4400 (EN 50262)
Materials in Contact with Gas
- Aluminium alloy
- Stainless steel
- Plated steel
- Anaerobic adhesive
- Nitrile rubber (NBR)
- Fluoro elastomer (FPM) Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
Excl. VAT: £1,236.90
Incl. VAT: £1,484.28
Excl. VAT: £1,757.70
Incl. VAT: £2,109.24
Excl. VAT: £1,927.77
Incl. VAT: £2,313.32
Excl. VAT: £3,325.53
Incl. VAT: £3,990.64
Excl. VAT: £916.98
Incl. VAT: £1,100.38
Excl. VAT: £960.23
Incl. VAT: £1,152.28